These soft pretzels are quick, easy and a crowd pleaser! I even had everything already in my pantry.
1 1/2 c. warm water
2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
3 3/4 c. – 4 1/4 c. AP flour
1 large egg, beaten
1 Tbs sugar
course sea salt for sprinkling
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water, add salt and sugar.
3. Slowly add flour one cup at a time. Mix with a wooden spoon until dough is thick, add 3/4c more until dough is no longer sticky. Knead dough for 3 minutes.
4. In a small bowl beat egg and add 1Tbs water, making an egg wash.
5. cut dough into strips. I prefer to make pretzel sticks, but you can make whatever shape you please. Lay pretzels on a foil lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam. Brush with egg wash.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, turning half way through. then turn your oven up to Broil for 3 minutes, watch so it doesn’t burn.
*optional* at the end of baking I like to brush my pretzels with melted butter and top with coarse sea salt!